General Terms and Conditions
1.You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence (or provisional licence). If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Motorway or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify us of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours’ notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by us.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made by you. After 10 minutes the instructor will leave, and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or bank transfer.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the instructor has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will not be held responsible for any lost fees should the training vehicle breakdown on the day of the driving test (whether that be before or during the driving test).
Gift vouchers terms and conditions.
1. Gift Vouchers should be treated like cash. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
2. Gift Vouchers are valid for twelve months from the date of issue. (See expiry date)
3. Risk will pass to the customer upon delivery and receipt of payments in full. Sam’s Driving school will have no liability for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers once responsibility of ownership has passed to the customer at time of delivery.
4. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. Vouchers which are defaced, altered or cancelled will not be accepted.
5. Sam’s driving school cannot be held responsible for failure to meet its service obligations when any failure is brought about due to some cause totally beyond its reasonable control. Examples of this might include: acts of God, trade disputes; governmental intervention, fire, flood.
6. Refunds on vouchers will be given if requested within 28 days of purchase.
7. Vouchers are not transferable to other parties unless authorised by Sam’s driving school.
8. We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time.
Website terms and conditions
The terms ‘Sam’s Driving school’ ‘The instructor’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘I’ refers to the owner of the website, whore personal details can be acquired by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.